To Order - Phone: (773) 472-2395
This website collects absolutely NO user information for any reason whatsoever. We only use personal phone contact when you call.
Once again, on any product that I carry, I will do my best to go
beyond my regular customer discount and meet any
bona fide price advertised on the Internet.
For reasons stated earlier, I do not correspond by email.
For more information or to place an order, please call me at:
The products presented on this website are dietary food supplements,
not medicines. No curative claims are made.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
ALL PRODUCTS and PRODUCT NAMES on this website are
copyrighted, registered, or trademarked by the manufacturing company.
Copyright 1999-2015 by Ron Pellegrini. All rights reserved.
Last modified June, 2015.
But please be sure to have first read my HOME PAGE.
The REMARKABLE NATURAL SUBSTANCE
that makes the
HUMAN BODY BETTER!
Coconut Oil is Stable, and Lasts Long
Coconut oil, which is a solid at room temperature - approximately 74° F - is a non-hydrogenated, naturally saturated oil that contains absolutely no transfatty acids
. Coconut oil that has been kept at room temperature for a year has been tested for rancidity, and showed no evidence of it.Good for the Skin and Appearance
Coconut oil is also an excellent skin moisturizer that may be added to bath water for a luxuriant soak. Ray Pete relates a story about coconut oil and youthful appearance:
"Several years ago I met an old couple, who were only a few years apart in age, but the wife looked many years younger than her doddering old husband. She was from the Philippines, and she remarked that she always had to cook two meals at the same time, because her husband couldn't adapt to her traditional food. Three times every day, she still prepared her food in coconut oil. Her apparent youth increased my interest in the effects of coconut oil."
Excellent For Weight Loss
Coconut oil is lower in calories than most other fats and contains Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT). MCTs help the body to metabolize fat efficiently where it is converted into energy - not stored as fat. Athletes and powerbuilders appreciate this fact; so do individuals desiring to lose weight.
Coconut Oil Even Keeps Animals Thin ...
In the 1940s, farmers attempted to use cheap coconut oil for fattening their animals, but they found that it made them lean, active and hungry. For a few years, an antithyroid drug was found to make the livestock get fat while eating less food, but then it was found to be a strong carcinogen, and it also probably produced hypothyroidism in the people who ate the meat.
By the late 1940s, it was found that the same antithyroid effect, causing animals to get fat without eating much food, could be achieved by using soy beans and corn as feed.
Later, an animal experiment fed diets that were low or high in total fat, and in different groups the fat was provided by pure coconut oil, or a pure unsaturated oil, or by various mixtures of the two oils. At the end of their lives, the animals' obesity increased directly in proportion to the ratio of unsaturated oil to coconut oil in their diet, and was not related to
the total amount of fat they had consumed.
That is, animals which ate just a little pure unsaturated oil were fat, and animals which ate a lot of coconut oil were lean.
Good for the Heart
When factored into a normal healthy diet, coconut oil will not cause a rise in cholesterol levels. In fact, the inhabitants of Polynesia and the Philippines, where coconut oil is a part of the daily diet, have low serum cholesterol levels and very little coronary disease.
For many years, nutritionists thought that all saturated fats would cause elevations in cholesterol levels. This is not the case. There are two groups of saturated fats, medium and long chain. Long chain saturates are stored in the body as fats and are associated with "bad" cholesterol. Medium chain saturates found in coconut oil do not cause heart disease nor clog arteries. They are an excellent source of fuel and energy.
It Also Helps People Stay Skinny, Too!
Coconut Oil Stimulates the Metabolism
G. W. Crile and his wife found that the metabolic rate of people in Yucatan, where coconut is a staple food, averaged 25% higher than that of people in the United States. In a hot climate, the adaptive tendency is to have a lower metabolic rate, so it is clear that some factor is more than offsetting this expected effect of high environmental temperatures. The people there are lean, and recently it has been observed that the women there have none of the symptoms we commonly associate with the menopause.
talks about the effect coconut oil had on his metabolism:
"I had put a tablespoonful of coconut oil on some rice I had for supper, and half an hour later while I was reading, I noticed I was breathing more deeply than normal. I saw that my skin was pink, and I found that my pulse was faster than normal--about 98, I think. After an hour or two, my pulse and breathing returned to normal.
"Every day for a couple of weeks I noticed the same response while I was digesting a small amount of coconut oil, but gradually it didn't happen any more, and I increased my daily consumption of the oil to about an ounce. I kept eating the same foods as before, except that I added about 200 or 250 calories per day as coconut oil."
"Apparently the metabolic surges that happened at first were an indication that my body was compensating for an anti-thyroid substance by producing more thyroid hormone; when the coconut oil relieved the inhibition, I experienced a moment of slight hyper-thyroidism, but after a time the inhibitor became less effective, and my body adjusted by producing slightly less thyroid hormone."
"But over the next few months, I saw that my weight was slowly and consistently decreasing. It had been steady at 185 pounds for 25 years, but over a period of six months it dropped to about 175 pounds. I found that eating more coconut oil lowered my weight another few pounds, and eating less caused it to increase. The anti-obesity effect of coconut oil is
clear in all of the animal studies, and in my friends who eat it regularly."
Excellent for the Immune System
50% of the fatty acid content in coconut oil is lauric acid
, a disease-fighting fatty acid, this healthy alternative is ideal for individuals with suppressed immune systems. As an important constituent in human milk, lauric acid also helps keep infants from being infected by bacteria and many viruses.Albert Schweitzer
operated his clinic in tropical Africa, he said it was many years before he saw any cases of cancer, and he believed that the appearance of cancer was caused by the change to the European type of diet. In the 1920s, German researchers showed that mice on a fat-free diet were practically free of cancer.Cooking with Coconut Oil is Tasty and Healthy
Coconut oil is the perfect oil for baking, sauteing and stir frying. While it is not advised to use it for deep frying, the sweet tropical flavor of coconut oil will add new depth and flair to many of your favorite recipes. For baking especially, coconut oil adds a better overall consistency to doughs and batters. One suggestion is to replace butter, lard or shortening with three-quarters of the amount of coconut oil. You may use it as a solid or in a melted state.
Research and clinical observation have shown that medium-chain fatty acids, like those found in coconut oil, may provide a wide range of health benefits
. Some of these are summarized below:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL
• Kills viruses that cause mononucleosis, influenza, hepatitis C, measles,
herpes, AIDS and other illnesses
• Kills bacteria that cause pneumonia, earache, throat infections dental
cavities, food poisoning, urinary tract infections,
meningitis, gonorrhea, and many other diseases.
• Kills fungi and yeast that cause candida, jock itch, ringworm, athlete's foot,
thrush, diaper rash and other infections.
• Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
• Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
• Boosts energy and endurance enhancing physical and athletic performance.
• Improves digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and amino acids.
• Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
• Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
• Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
• Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
• Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic
• Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
• Relieves symptoms associated with prostate enlargement.
• Reduces epileptic seizures.
• Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
• Helps prevent liver disease.
• Is lower in calories than all other fats.
• Supports thyroid function.
• Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
• Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as
body fat like other dietary fats.
• Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
• Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward off
• Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the
development of strong bones and teeth.
• Helps protect against osteoporosis.
• Helps relieve symptoms of gallbladder disease.
• Relieves symptoms of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach
• Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
• Reduces chronic inflammation.
• Supports tissue healing and repair.
• Supports and aids immune system function.
• Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
• Is heart healthy; does not increase blood cholesterol or platelet stickiness.
• Helps prevent heart disease, atherosclerosis, and stroke.
• Helps prevent high blood pressure.
• Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
• Functions as a protective antioxidant.
• Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote
premature aging and degenerative disease.
• Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do.
• Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from
• Reduces symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
• Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
• Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
• Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
• Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion
• Provides protection from the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from
• Controls dandruff.
• Helps you look and feel younger.
• Is resistant to oxidation, so has a long shelf life.
• Does not form harmful by-products when heated to high temperatures like
other vegetable oils do.
• Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
• Is completely non-toxic to humans
Alphabetical Product Menu
The preceding statements have not been evaluated by the
Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.