To Order - Phone: (773) 472-2395
Once again, on any product that I carry, I will do my best to go
beyond my regular customer discount and meet any
bona fide price advertised on the Internet.
For reasons stated earlier, I do not correspond by email.
For more information or to place an order, please call me at:
The products presented on this website are dietary food supplements,
not medicines. No curative claims are made.
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.
ALL PRODUCTS and PRODUCT NAMES on this website are
copyrighted, registered, or trademarked by the manufacturing company.
Copyright 1999-2015 by Ron Pellegrini. All rights reserved.
Last modified June, 2015.
But please be sure to have first read my HOME PAGE.
from Biotics Research Corporation supplies 2,000 IU per drop of vitamin D3 as a micro-emulsion for enhanced absorption and utilization, which is particularly important for those with malabsorption conditions. Clinical use of Biotics’ micro-emulsified vitamin D provides significant improvements in serum levels of 25-OH-vitamin D following supplementation.Safe
- Conservative regimen of Bio-D-Mulsion Forte®
supplies necessary vitamin D (as emulsified D3) without the increased risk of hypercalcemia commonly associated with single, large dose therapies - especially important in an outpatient setting.Effective
- One (1) drop daily of Bio-D-Mulsion Forte®
(2,000 IU) increased 25(OH)D concentrations in vitamin D deficient children 202% in six weeks, effectively tripling 25(OH)D levels.Easy to Administer for Greater Compliance
- Simply dispense one (1) drop from the bottle directly onto the tongue each day.Additionally
contains no artificial colorants or flavorings and no propylene glycol.Cost Effective
- Of the three regimens tested, the one using Bio-D-Mulsion Forte®
is by far the most cost effective. (less than a nickel per day - less than $1.50 per month!)
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte® - Sunshine in a Bottle
Evidence clearly suggests vitamin D deficiency/insufficiency is widespread in the developed world. Additionally, we now know the previously defined Upper Limit for safe intake of vitamin D was set far too low, and the physiologic requirement is significantly higher than previously believed. With the discovery of vitamin D receptors in tissues other than the gut and bone - particularly the brain, breast, prostate and lymphocytes - recent research suggests the utilization of higher amounts of supplemental vitamin D3 for a wider range of applications in order to maintain and improve patients’ health.Bio-D-Mulsion Forte®
from Biotics Research Corporation supplies vitamin D3 as a micro-emulsion for enhanced absorption and utilization, which is particularly important for those with malabsorption conditions. Clinical use of Biotics’ micro-emulsified vitamin D provides significant improvements in serum levels of 25-OH-vitamin D following supplementation.
The majority of people in the United States do not synthesize sufficient vitamin D in order to meet physiological requirements
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte® supplies 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 per drop
While we are all familiar with the importance of vitamin D in calcium absorption and bone metabolism, many may not be aware of the recent research on vitamin D and the widening range of applications available for cholecalciferol, which can be classified as both a vitamin and a pro-hormone.
Additionally, while it has commonly been assumed the upper limit of safe intake is approximately 1,000 IU per day, we now know that the physiologic requirement of vitamin D may be as high as 4,000 IU per day, which is less than half of the 10,000 IU that can be produced endogenously with just a few minutes of sun exposure.2
Vitamin D Deficiency and Musculoskeletal Health Vitamin D deficiency is associated with dull, achy musculoskeletal pain that is incompletely responsive to both pharmacologic and manual therapies. The pain may be widespread or confined to a particular area, most commonly the lower back and lumbar spine.
1. Norman AW. Vitamin D. In: Brown ML (Editor). Present Knowledge in Nutrition. Sixth Edition. Washington: International Life Sciences Institute Nutrition Foundation; 1990. P.108-116
2. Vieth R. Vitamin D supplementation, 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations, and safety. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 May; 69(5):842-56 Available on-line at http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/69/5/842.pdf
3. Holick M F. Vitamin D deficiency: what a pain it is. Mayo Clin Proc. 2003 Dec;78(12):1457-9
4. Al Faraj S, Al Mutairi K. Vitamin D deficiency and chronic low back pain in Saudi Arabia. Spine. 2003 Jan 15;28(2):177-9
5. Plotnikoff GA, Quigley JM. Prevalence of severe hypovitaminosis D in patients with persistent, nonspecific musculoskeletal pain. Mayo Clin Proc. 2003 Dec;78(12):1463-70
6. Lansdowne AT, Provost SC. Vitamin D3 enhances mood in healthy subjects during winter. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1998 Feb;135(4):319-23
The process by which this occurs has been clearly defined:
1) Vitamin D deficiency causes a reduction in calcium absorption
2) Production of parathyroid (PTH) hormone is increased to maintain blood
3) PTH results in increased urinary excretion of phosphorus, which leads to
4) Insufficient calcium phosphate results in deposition of unmineralized
collagen matrix on the endosteal (inside) and periosteal (outside) surface of
5) When the collagen matrix hydrates and swells, it causes pressure on the
sensory-innervated periosteum resulting in pain.3
Indeed, several clinical investigations have recently shown vitamin D deficiency is particularly common among people with musculoskeletal pain.4, 5
Non-Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Hypovitaminosis D
Both the peripheral and central nervous systems have multiple sites of action for vitamin D, and it appears likely that vitamin D modulates serotonin and melatonin synthesis and metabolism.
Alterations in vitamin D levels appear to explain, at least in part, the adverse psychological effects of sunlight deprivation that often occur due to geographic location and climate.
Preliminary evidence suggests vitamin D deficiency may also be particularly common among patients with inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, and that vitamin D may modulate inflammatory responses.7, 8, 9
Biotics Research Corporation’s vitamin D is micro-emulsified to enhance absorption and utilization, which are particularly important for those with malabsorption conditions. Independent clinical experience suggests the micro-emulsion form of vitamin D provides significant improvements in serum levels of 25-OH-vitamin D following supplementation.10
Each drop of Bio-D-Mulsion Forte® supplies 2,000 IU of vitamin D3
With an increased knowledge of the importance of maintaining adequate vitamin D levels, many clinicians recommend supplementation and annual screening for 25-OH-vitamin D levels, especially for patients at risk for deficiency as well as those who may benefit from supplementation.
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte® and the Importance of
7. Yamashita H, Noguchi S, Takatsu K, Koike E, Murakami T, Watanabe S, Uchino S, Yamashita H, Kawamoto H. High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in Japanese female patient with Graves’ disease. Endocr J. 2001 Feb;48(1):63-9
8. Huisman AM, White KP, Algra A, Harth M, Vieth R, Jacobs JW, Bijlsma JW, Bell DA. Vitamin D levels in women with systemic lupus erythematosus and fibromyalgia. J Rheumatol 2001 Nov;28(11):2535-9
9. Van den Berghe G, Van Roosbroeck D, Vanhove P, Wouters PJ, De Pourcq L, Bouillon R. Bone turnover in prolonged critical illness: effect of vitamin D. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Oct;88(10):4623-32
10. Mercola J. Bio-D-Mulsion (Emulsified Vitamin D): “The Vital Supplement that I Strongly Recommend to Nearly All of My Patients” http://www.mercola.com/forms/vitamind.htm on March 25, 2004
11. Vasquez A, Manso G, Cannell J. The Clinical Importance of Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol): A Paradigm Shift with Implications for All Healthcare Providers. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine and Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal In press 2004
Good Karma Buttons
Alphabetical Product Menu
* These statements have not been evaluated by the
Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.